Friday, March 5, 2021

3/21/21 Through 3/27/21

 3/21/21 Through 3/27/21

Sunday
Perfection comes through suffering
A cleansing through our offering.
A washing from the guilt of sin
When steadfast Spirit dwells within.

The heart of stone be softened well
Become a place for God to dwell.
The grain implanted there within
Must die to let new life begin.

Preserve this life and lose it all,
Or answer to the Master's call.
Join in His suffering and pain
To share His everlasting gain.

Monday
Unrecognized, the sin I own.
To even me, at times unknown.
Ingrained so deep within my soul, 
No longer does the conscience toll.

Until I see upon the sand
The writing from His sacred hand.
Which pulls aside the hiding veil
Revealing just how much I fail.

Let me be one that Mercy finds
Repentant of the many kinds
Of selfishness and greed I know
Then says, "Get up. Forgiven, go."

I wish to sin no more towards He
Who's rescued and forgiven me.
Oh Grace supply my every need,
That to His voice, alone I heed.

Tuesday
When I look upon the cross
And see what price my sin has cost,
I wonder why He cares for me,
And ask more clear, my sin to see.

The poison from the serpent's bite
A cloak of darkness in the night.
No mercy shown the Sinless One,
Who, on the cross, our mercy won.

Once lifted high, the veil was torn,
And three days hence, on Easter morn
The Victor rose in glory then
The King of kings, and Great Amen!

Let me daily turn and see
That love will bring the victory,
And turning from the ways of sin, 
The best way to new life begin.

Wednesday
One God alone to be adored
Those manufactured, be abhorred.
For One can save and set us free,
But others bring iniquity.

The furnace may the faithful face,
But dead and true a better place,
Than living in a lie each day
Where to an evil one we pray.

The sons of Abraham should know
The One above from one below,
But in the lie, they choose to dwell,
And manufacture more of Hell.

Oh let me see with clarity
The Truth, and Way, and Life for me.
Grant courage when the view is bleak,
And give the word that's right to speak.

Thursday
Announced a long, long time ago,
The way the birth of Christ would go.
A Virgin pure and full of grace
Would bring our God to time and space.

The Savior of the world would take
Our form in flesh and journey make
To show how love can conquer death
When practiced to the final breath.

A yes to God we first must show
If we, His sacred Way would know.
Just like the Virgin Full of Grace,
His will for us we must embrace.

So speak to me, both here and now.
Your will be known, to me somehow.
Then with the grace that You supply
Your humble servant will comply.

Friday
For this time, and for this place,
Each one of us was born.
Despite the whisperings that trace
The path of those who mourn.

In my distress, I called the Lord,
He heard and answered me.
The flooded way I cannot ford,
He came and carried me.

Saturday
Behold,the end is drawing near.
The Pharisees in mortal fear
Of losing to the Roman band
Their nation and their sacred land.

They'd rather live subjected to 
Their pagan master than to You.
And so, they plot to kill their own
The One who spoke of love alone.

































No comments:

Post a Comment