Friday, February 12, 2021

2/28/21 Through3/6/21

 2/28/21 Through 3/6/21

Sunday
Offered there upon the mountain
Lord of life and mercy's fountain.
If a One like this is for us,
Who on earth could be against us?

Monday
Mercy.  Mercy.  Mercy, Lord.
Your justice, I cannot afford.
So many times I've strayed from You
To do the wicked things I do.

But mercy gives me hope of gain
Instead of everlasting pain.
Mercy is our great reward,
If mercy was by us outpoured.

So let me see not just the sin,
But that which lies much deeper in.
A work of art that You have made,
A one for whom, the price You paid.

Let love be that which moves my soul,
And likeness to Your Son my goal.
So when my day of judgment nears,
Your mercy overwhelms my fears.

Tuesday
The evil one the sword consumes.
For those in darkness, fire looms.
But those willing to obey,
Will white as snow, be made someday.

The orphan and the widow's plea
Must never be ignored by thee.
Make right the wrong, and turn about.
Give praise to God, and be devout.

The upright and the faithful see
That when their praise is offered, He
Will saving hand extend to all.
Who hear and hearken to His call.

Wednesday
So high above, Your ways, oh Lord,
I cannot comprehend.
My love is limited and toward
A carnal, earthly end.

But You transcend the mind of man,
So temporal and so small,
And show us that a true man can
Be risen from the fall.

Regardless of the evil here,
If we obey Your will,
The Kingdom, we will find is near,
And with us ever still.

Thursday
Trust in One who made the skies,
Not wealth or fame, or Satan's lies.
For that eternal land, we strive
Where love and truth, and peace will thrive.

Where roots stretch deep to running stream,
And through the drought, the leaves stay green.
Where poor and humble find their rest,
And faithful souls are richly blest.

The lava waste, no place to be.
That salt and empty earth, you see,
May promise pleasure, wealth, and fame,
But leads to everlasting flame.

Lord, cleanse my heart and probe my mind.
Shine Your light where I am blind.
Drive the selfishness from me,
That one with You, and saints I'd be.

Friday
He expects from you a harvest,
Rightfully His honest due.
Speak the word to those the farthest,
That they know what quickens you.

Be one faithful through the sorrow,
One who listens and obeys.
See His vict'ry on the morrow,
He will answer one who prays.

Though their plan is only evil,
God, in time, will have His way.
In the midst of great upheaval,
Listen well, and then obey.

Be patient for He's in control,
His word shall be achieved.
The faithful one He will console.
Redress for those aggrieved.

Saturday
The fool knows not of what could be
If service were the route for he.
Enamored by the things of flesh
That never will the soul refresh.

Tis grace to overlook the wrong.
Compassion be our fruitful song.
For joy is found when sin repents,
But wickedness, the joy resents.

Forgiveness is that special key
That must become our specialty.
For as we do, for us shall be,
And mercy then, we too shall see.





















No comments:

Post a Comment