Saturday, March 7, 2020

3/22/20 Through 3/28/20

3/22/20 Through 3/28/20

Sunday
When blinded to my sinfulness
My sin I never will confess.
I need the light of day to see
The darkness that envelops me.

He spit to make a paste of clay
Then smeared and said to wash away
With water from the sacred pool.
His simple efficacious tool.

Then all around was light of day.
The shroud of darkness washed away.
The Son of man revealed as He
Who heals and sets the captive free.

Monday
A new creation make of me
This sinner begs to be set free.
I want to see my slavery
As something past in history.

But fear that weakness will return,
For oh so long, I've tried to learn,
And many times have started well
To later on, my failures tell.

I offer Lord, imperfectly
My latest war on slavery
And beg that You create of me
One living in reality.

Reality of seeing through
The traps that Satan will construe.
Reality of seeing there
His hidden hook, or buried snare.

I'm powerless against these Lord
My weakened knees cannot afford
To face one devious as he.
I need the strength that comes from Thee.

My passions only magnify
My need for You to sanctify
My every moment of the day,
And learn to live a whole new way.

Tuesday
Let me stretch my roots to Thee
This desert heat is scorching me.
I need the waters of Your stream
To fill my heart, and soul redeem.

My branches brittle in the air
Of desert heat, and near despair,
But with Your waters cool and deep,
They bear abundant fruit to reap.

My leaves as medicine will grow
That healing graces men would know.
Each month a new fresh fruit You give
That hungry souls might feast and live.

Wednesday
So many chosen, shy away
But not the Virgin on that day.
The fiat that she gave so clear
Obliterated doubt and fear.

The heavens halted there above
To hear her selfless words of love.
"Let it be done as you have said"
Would cause the raising of the dead.

Conceive in me this very day
Such animation of this clay.
That God be praised in all I do,
And I reflect the face of You.

Thursday
In ninety days we gain a taste
Of forty wand'ring years.
We look to find our way in haste
And conquer all our fears.

But time amidst the desert sand
Is meant to build our trust
With manna every morning, and
Our faith in God, robust.

So we must not return to ways
Of slavery once free,
But find through sacrifice and praise
The joy we seek from Thee.

Friday
As yet the hour had not come
Despite the enmity of some.
He presses on to show the way
Until that darkest fateful day.

A failure shown to all that day.
"How dare He mock the way we pray?"
He held aloof from those thought wise,
And called us wolves in sheep's disguise.

Let's see how true this word of His,
And find out what true patience is.
When stripped and beaten, pierced and crowned,
We'll see if care for Him is found.

All blinded by their wickedness
They sought His proof of holiness,
And in the darkness thought they won,
As dead upon the cross He hung.

But three days hence the tide did turn
And ages since have come to learn
How empty are the evil ways,
And true His word for endless days.

Saturday
Let me not Your vengeance see,
Not even on my enemy.
For I wish none who act this way
Would face that awful, dreadful day.

When men like this You turn away,
"Be gone from Me!" They hear You say.
To never see Your humble face,
But live in permanent disgrace.

I shudder at so harsh a word
And pray that such is never heard
Among the members of my clan,
Or none since ever time began.

But You, we all must freely choose,
Or our eternal life will lose,
And find the avarice we sell
Becomes our everlasting hell.






















































No comments:

Post a Comment