Saturday, June 29, 2019

7/7/19 Through 7/13/19

7/7/19 Through 7/13/19

Sunday
If I had but one more day,
This verse is some of what I'd say.
Our God is love and mercy too
Who gave Himself, and died for you.

He wills that all be satisfied
And all as one, be unified.
But we must learn to love His way
And sacrifice ourselves each day.

For love entails the gift of self
With nothing left upon the shelf.
A placing of the other first
To satisfy our deepest thirst.

The world and flesh will shun this way,
But that's not what our Lord would say.  
In giving all you come to Me, 
and then true love begin to see.

Monday
A doer not a hearer be,
And blest will be the works of thee.
For those who see, yet turn away
Will never heal their wounds this way.

The blind that see, or dead once raised
Should always shout, "His name be praised"!
For loving, He has always been,
To even those once steeped in sin.

But if we hear and ne'er obey,
We'll never find that narrow way.
His whisper we must recognize
And follow it to change our lives.

Tuesday
How rich the harvest in the glade,
But oh so few to wield the blade.
So ask the Master to supply
The workers now to swing the scythe.

For those by grace, who hear the call
To answer well and never stall,
Will join the Master's harvest crew,
And serve with love in all they do.

Wednesday
In spite of famine, save me Lord.
Grant me the bread I can't afford.
May Your kingdom come in me, 
That free at last my soul will be.

My soul athirst for what You bring,
The wine of giving everything.
My belly yearns for what you said
Was truly flesh in form of bread.

The famine I most dread to see
Is that of straying far from Thee.
Let me bow before Your throne,
Proclaiming You as God alone.

Thursday
Just persevere and stay the course,
Let Me be your guiding force.
I take the ways of sinful man,
And weave them in a greater plan.

For none can know the mind of God,
But when they see My works are awed.
When time is right and seeds are sown,
The lies of man will be made known.

O'er all the years, in every age,
The good and sinful earned their wage.
And all the righteous clearly saw,
Those earthly things, as none but straw.

So don't grow weary, listen well,
And let My word within you swell.
How I will lead, you may not know,
But I will lead, to make you grow.

And when, at last, in Promised land
You'll understand what I had planned.
And when the trial's understood,
You'll see I worked them all for good.

Friday
Amidst the wolves, a gentle sheep,
A simple dove to sow and reap.
Yet one unshakable and shrewd
To bear the truth among this brood.

Be not concerned for what to say
The Spirit guides upon that day.
And though your troubles may increase,
Throughout them all, I'll grant you peace.

Saturday
So many chances lost my Lord, 
To suffer well in aiming toward
The goal of being more like You
By doing things that You would do.

A host of chances come each day,
But many missed along the way.
If we would follow Your decrees,
Such good would come from all of these.




































No comments:

Post a Comment