Saturday, October 13, 2018

10/28/18 Through 11/3/18

10/28/18 Through 11/3/18

Sunday
Son of David have pity on me,
Grant the grace that I may see.
My heart's desire to follow You 
And learn to love the way You do.

I've seen enough the other way
where sin has darkened every day
I want to see in clearer light
What sin obscures in darkest night.

Monday
Let me share a word with you,
Shine a light and change the view.
Let me show the beauty where
So many eyes just see despair.

In purity is found a gem
Passed over by the likes of them.
And generosity will breed
Contentment there instead of greed.

Idolarty can have no place
Amidst a life of lavish grace.
Be not decieved, the day will come,
When all will hear the final drum.

So separate yourself from sin.
Step out of darkness and begin
No more to wander in the night,
But live as children of the light.

Tuesday
Within a mustard seed that's sown
Are mysteries no mind has known.
Unthinkable that one should find
Within that tiny seed designed,

A shelter for the little birds
Or metaphor of holy words. 
As both will grow, become mature
To be a haven safe and sure.

So feed and water tiny seeds
Give them fulfillment of their needs
To flourish and to be transformed
That many other hearts be warmed.

Wednesday
The scary thought that I should hear
Upon that final day...
"I know you not!" my greatest fear
That He, to me, would say.

I want no less than life within
The everlasting day
I want to hear, "You're welcome in,
My Father's house today." 

May I but be obedient,
Submissive to Your will.
The single main ingredient
To with the Spirit fill.

That on that day You know me well,
And narrow way I find.
Far from the dreaded gates of hell,
With Paradise, aligned.

Thursday
One day we all can hope to be,
Around the throne and praising Thee.
But now it seems so far away,
As we contend with each new day.

The troubles of the everyday
Can seem to cloud the holy way, 
But when we see in clearer light
These troubles beckon and invite,

To love in ways we never could
And follow Him the way we should.
To live as blessed holy ones
And thus become adopted sons.

Friday
The death of all the holy ones
A precious gift that often runs
Across the generation gap
Providing younger ones a map.

A way of life in harmony
With One in charge, that we can't see.
A way to fill the emptiness,
Through prayers, and love, and kindliness.

Examples of a living soul
With name engraved upon the scroll,
Who gave of self without regard,
And never kept a scoring card.

Saturday
In the humble lowest place
Dwells our source of peace and grace.
Hung upon that awful tree,
There in bread and wine for me.

King of all who chose to come
As a poor and lowly one.
In a humble stable born
On that blessed Christmas morn.

As a helpless little child
From the virgin undefiled.
Though a young precocious one,
Still as an obedient Son.

Driven in His life to be
The perfect model there for me.
Nothing left, for all He gave.
Sinners He desired to save.

Risen then, and glorified.
King of kings, once crucified.
Jesus Christ, the lowly One
Savior, and exalted Son.




































No comments:

Post a Comment