Sunday, August 25, 2024

9/8/24 Through 9/14/24

 9/8/24 Through 9/14/24


Sunday
Alone and empty in the world
No sound of seas or wind that swirled
No voice to share my heart's desire
No chance of singing in the choir

But then You came and touched my ears
No sound in them for many years
Until Your cry, "Be opened" heard
And now each morn a precious word.

A tongue, at last, that now can sing
The praise of such a mighty King
And share my heart with other men
Then offer praise to God again.

Monday
A little goes a long, long way
A grain of sand will foul the clay
The sour grapes will ruin wine
And so will sin this soul of mine.

A jealous heart, a greedy glance
The prideful nature's rigid stance
The yeast of scribe and Pharisee
Is still around as you can see.

Remove the leaven that infects
Replace with love the soul perfects.
Humility will raise the dough
And clear the way of love will show.

Tuesday
Lord, what's the call You have on me,
What healing there remains to be?
I want to serve and do what's right
But find that I have not the might.

Impatience plagues my every day
I gripe and grumble on the way
I want what ere I want, and now.
Entitled, think myself somehow.

I need to meet Your patient gaze
And let Your love remove the haze
So I may clearly see in Thee
The virtue lacking much in me.

I must begin to others see
Their needs have more import than me.
Or when my time as first has passed
I'll find I'm in the line as last.

Wednesday
Woe to you when all speak well
For this can be a sign of Hell
The prophets false found such acclaims
But none can now recall their names.

The humble poor who bear their cross
When faced with hardship, grief, and loss
Thought helpless, wretched, here on Earth
Will find their joy in second birth.

But woe to those in comfort now
Who poor and helpless disavow
For you shall be the weeping ones
When poor and sick He claims as sons.

Thursday
Oh, how knowledge inflates us with pride
When love is lost as our guide.
We think that we know, but have nothing to show,
Except mystery further supplied.

It's the finger of God we should see
In the scale of this great mystery.
No man could ever avail, of such beauty in every detail,
To Him we must bendeth the knee.

Friday
The speck I see quite clear in thee
But nay the plank that lies in me.
So many sins in others seen
By one who still remains unclean.

The blind of pride is drawn, you see
And unrepentant, blind will be.
But humble raise the shade to light
To pull the plank and see what's right.

Saturday
Let this sign be lifted high
Let Him be seen by passers-by
The One who came to save the lost
No evil plan could love exhaust.

Just contemplate what there you see
And know He suffered all for thee
His patient love is waiting still
For all to seek His holy will.

No hint of selfishness or pride
But every evil there belied
The perfect love of God for man
Restores that lost when time began.

The cross that reaches high and low
The love of God for man to know
Both far and wide the arms extend
The rift of God and man to mend









































































No comments:

Post a Comment