9/27/26 Through 10/03/26
Sunday
The way each man can Heaven win
Is turn away from every sin
So many times a selfish whim
Can have us turn our backs on Him
Or pride can have us look away
When truth confronts our evil way
We must respond whene'er we learn
Our way is wrong, and we must turn
The prostitutes and sinners, too
Are getting there ahead of you
For only humble will obey
When truth and love have come their way
The truth without the love will die
And love without the truth is lie
We need them both to live as one
And follow well God's Perfect Son
Monday
How stupid I must seem to God
A foolish, haughty, little fraud
Enamored by the passing bling
And shunning every suffering
For disciplines, the haughty need
To pride reject and humble feed
Our one companion they should be
To draw us into life with Thee
My flesh be mortified, I pray
That I might meet that final day
With confidence, and hope in love
To spend eternity above
For there we constantly will see
That far above, and great are Thee
Then humbled by Love's burning flame
We ceaselessly shall praise Your Name
Tuesday
Beneath the tree of figs, a man
To figure in the Father's plan
A man of single heart and mind
A man to the Messiah find
So, too, we find our King and Lord
When unto Him the heart is poured.
In humble adoration gained
Without a word, his love explained.
It permeates the heart and soul
Supplying all to make us whole
It satisfies the longing heart
And breaks the evil plans apart
His messengers, to man, reveal
The world unseen, but yet quite real
The battle for the soul of man
That started back when time began
If we but trust, His angels guard
And every evil thought discard
They guide us on the path of love
Ascending to the heights above
Wednesday
So, why do I come; and why do I read?
But only to find the One that I need
Here in the Word are His many commands
Have I come close to His many demands?
The service of lips doesn't get very far
By action, we show who truly we are
Does this make a change in my actions each day;
Or simply "appear" that I do what You say?
I beg You to make me one firm with the plow
Seeing Your grandeur, and changing somehow
Fully devoted to love every day
Pondering well, so I hear and obey.
Only then do I feast on the Heavenly Bread
When I have conformed to all You have said
When action and word are one and the same
Only then am I fit to carry Your name.
Thursday
Each word of Yours upon the tongue
Each melody of song that's sung
Can shape the world in varied ways
And cut right through the milky haze.
You work to resonate within
And bring to light the deepest sin
For only in the light we see
How great our need has been for Thee
The sick abound at every turn
From You alone, the people learn
How love can heal the open wound
And make the will, with Yours attuned
Your presence, Lord, is what we seek
To cheer the poor, and strengthen weak
Have pity, Lord, and hear the prayer
So life with You we someday share
Friday
So many times throughout my days
Your angel, Lord, has marked the ways
And borne me up o'er stoney road
By shouldering my heavy load
He speaks Your word I need to hear
Somehow allaying all my fear
Those little gems throughout the day
To keep me on the narrow way
Protecting me from perils when
I find myself with sinful men
Illuminating that within
And calling to confess my sin
I see his hand throughout my years
In times of joy, and times of tears
One guarding, guiding, every move
To save my soul and sorrow soothe
Your angel, Lord, my guiding light
Companion through the darkest night
Whose wings shall cover me from ill
And lead me to the Father's will
So generous You are to me
To grant me sight that I may see
The realm of angels, now unseen
But yet their presence, daily glean
Saturday
How fortunate to see today
What prophets sought along the way
To hear His voice so loud and clear
And to the heart of God draw near
Things hidden for so long a time
But now revealed to help us climb
To heights of love before unknown
But now, by Jesus, clearly shown
As lightning falling from the sky
The end of evil drawing nigh
When Perfect Love is sacrificed
And man to such a love enticed
Let shine, oh Lord, Your face on men
And draw us back to You again
That we may as Your children be
A light for all the world to see
No comments:
Post a Comment